Smithfield, R.I.-Seniors Rachel Soria (Pawtucket, RI) and Sydney Curran (North Kingstown, RI) each picked up a pair of victories in the Rhode Island College women's swimming team's, 119-95, setback against Plymouth State at the Bryant University Chace Center Pool on Saturday evening.
Plymouth State 119, Rhode Island College 95
(Rhode Island College 0-3)
(Plymouth State 1-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Soria took first place in both the 50-yard backstroke (39.95) and the 100-yard backstroke (1:19.80). She also swam the lead leg of the second place 200-yard medley (2:52.33).
• Curran finished in first place in both the 100-yard breaststroke (1:18.04) and the 200-yard IM (2:35.96).
• RIC junior Madison Lane (Barrington, RI) registere a first place finish in the 1,000-yard freestyle (13:55.31) and swam the lead leg of the 200-yard freestyle relay (2:09.77).
• Plymouth State freshman Cammie Turell (Bowie, MD) picked up three first place finishes on the day, winning in the 100-yard butterfly (1:06.62), 100-yard freestyle (1:00.27) and the 50-yard butterfly (29.06).
• Senior Addie Shumaker (Haymarket, VA) finished in first place in the 200-yard freestyle (2:24.06), was first in the 500-yard freestyle (6:25.84) and swam the second leg of the first place 200-yard medley relay (2:07.52).
• Senior Emily Wadlinger (Lebanon, NH) posted a pair of first place finishes for the Panthers. She took first in the 50-yard breaststroke (36.10), was first in the 50-yard freestyle (26.43) and swam the lead leg of the first place 200-yard medley relay (2:07.52).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to Husson on Friday, Jan. 12 (8 p.m.).