Providence, RI -- The Rhode Island College women's soccer dropped a, 3-0, decision against Eastern Connecticut in a Little East Conference contest played at Alumni Field on Saturday afternoon.
Rhode Island College 0, Eastern Connecticut 3
(Rhode Island College 1-4, 0-1 LEC)
(Eastern Connecticut 2-3-2, 1-0 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Eastern Connecticut controlled the action early and got on the scoreboard at the 21:37 mark when senior midfielder MacKenzie Reimondo (Portland, CT) controlled the ball on the far sideline near midfield and started a breakaway. Senior forward Emily Becher (Brooklyn, CT) then slipped in a shot from 15 yards out that eluded RIC sophomore goalkeeper Erica Edwards (North Kingstown, RI) for her second goal of the season to put the Warriors up 1-0.
• ECSU outshot RIC by a 22-2 margin in the first half, which included several from Becher down the stretch, but couldn't capitalize. Edwards was equal to the task, making 10 saves in the stanza to keep the score just 1-0 heading into halftime.
• The visiting Warriors added an insurance goal early in the second half when senior midfielder Maggie Boddington (Stratford, CT) sent a corner kick into the box. Senior defender Krista Petersen (Wallingford, CT) then got off a header that hit the crossbar, but junior midfielder Hannah Goodale (Coventry, CT) was there to put home the rebound for her first goal of the season at the 49:15 mark.
• Becher's second goal of the game, with an assist coming from Reimondo, in the 68th minute capped off the scoring to lead to the 3-0 win for Eastern Connecticut.
• Edwards made 13 saves for RIC, while junior goalkeeper Kayla Labrecque (Westhampton, MA) and sophomore Erin Collins (Millis, MA) were untested in the shutout win for the visitors.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Eastern Connecticut outshot the Anchorwomen by a 34-3 margin.
• The Warriors held the advantage in corner kicks, 13-0.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will host Dean in non-conference contest on Monday, Sept. 18 (6 p.m.).