Milton, Mass.--Sophomore midfielders Giana Ritchie (Cumberland, RI) and Madison McKenna (Cumberland, RI) each scored a goal as the Rhode Island College women's lacrosse team dropped a 15-2 decision at Curry on Thursday afternoon.
Curry 15, Rhode Island College 2
Rhode Island College (3-4)
Curry College (7-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Sophomore attack Katie Parker (Branford, CT) tallied four goals for Curry, while sophomore midfielder Allie Wysocki (Agawam, MA) and junior attack Leona Stevens (Kingston, MA) each had three goals in the win for the Colonels.
• Senior goalkeeper Julia Eaton (Cumberland, RI) tallied 18 saves in the setback for RIC.
• Freshman goalkeeper Jessica Ginaitt (Warwick, RI) had seven stops in the victory for Curry.
• Curry controlled the action in the first half and held a commanding, 10-0, lead, highlighted by three goals from Stevens, to post the shutout after the first 30 minutes.
• Curry outshot RIC by a 26-4 advantage in the first half and had a 22-9 advantage in ground balls in the stanza.
• It was more of the same in the second half as Curry tallied five straight goals, including two from Wysocki, to take a 15-0 lead.
• Ritchie got RIC on the board with an unassisted goal with 4:27 left and McKenna's goal with 1:45 remaining closed out the scoring for the Anchorwomen.
• Curry led in shots (42-10), draw controls (13-6) and ground balls (30-14).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will resume Little East action at home against Plymouth State on Saturday, April 6 (1 p.m.).