Middlebury, Vt.--Freshman Megan Mahan (North Andover, MA) finished in a tie for 35thplace with a 176 (93, 83) to help lead the Rhode Island College women's golf team to a ninth place finish at the George Phinney Classic, hosted by Middlebury College at the Ralph Myhre Golf Course on Satrday and Sunday afternoon.
Rhode Island College shot a team score of 786 (403, 383) to finish ninth (12 teams). Amherst took tome the team title with a score of 638 (321, 317).
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Mahan's score of 83 today was the lowest score in program history for a single round.
• Sophomore Nicole Langella (Pembroke, MA) finished in 47th place with a score of 192 (98, 94).
• Junior Meghan Rocheleau (Warwick, RI) was right behind her in 48th place with a 195 (100, 95).
• Sophomore Kelsey Hinchliffe (Pascoag, RI) recorded a 62nd place finish with a 226 (112, 114).
• Sophomore Jean Marie Arnold (Wakefield, RI) carded a 228 (117, 111) to finish 63rd for the Anchorwomen.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to Ballston Spa, N.Y. for the Empire Eight Championship on Oct. 14-15. This marks the first time the Anchorwomen will be competing for a conference championship.