Wenham, Mass.-Sophomore Jephte Wagnac (Providence, RI) was the top finisher with a 16th place finish (29:59.20) to lead the Rhode Island College men's cross country team to an eighth place (13 teams) finish at the 2017 Pop Crowell Invitational hosted by Gordon College on Saturday
• The Anchormen finished with 202 points, while the University of New England took home the team title with 34 points on the afternoon.
• There were a total of 13 teams and 106 runners competing at the event.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Freshman Raffaelo Manzo (Slatersville, RI) recorded a 27th place finish (30:48.60) for the Anchormen.
• Junior Mohammed Chaghlil (Warwick, RI) was right behind Guillaume in 76th place and clocked a time of (36:06.30).
• Freshman Dylan Brobisky (West Warwick, RI) rounded out the RIC runners in 88thplace (38:37.30).
BY THE NUMBERS
The Anchormen averaged 33:22.00 per runner over the 8K course at Gordon.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the Westfield State on Saturday, Oct. 7 (11:15 a.m.).