Williamstown, Mass.--Junior Jephte Wagnac (Providence, RI) earned All-New England honors with a second place finish in the 400m hurdles (54.29) to lead the Rhode Island College men's track & field team to a 15th place finish at the 2019 New England Div. III Championship, hosted by Williams on May 3-4.
• The Anchormen finished with 19 points which was good for a 16th place finish (32 teams). MIT finished in first place with 139.50 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior Shamar Spruill (Providence, RI) earned All-New England honors as he took fourth in the hammer (54.73m). He also placed 10th in the discus (41.88m).
• Senior Jake Brierly (Lincoln, RI) garnered All-New England accolades in the hammer with a fifth place finish (50.82m).
• Freshman Matthew Thibaudeau (LIncoln, RI) also captured All-New England honors as he notched a seventh place finish in the hammer (48.52).
• Junior Joseph Palazzo (North Providence, RI) finished13th (47.26m) in the hammer.
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at New England Open Championship on May 10-11.