Fitchburg, Mass.--Senior Shamar Spruill (Providence, RI) notched a first place finish in the hammer (53.97m) and also won the discus (44.97m) as the Rhode Island College men's track & field team placed eighth (13 teams) at the 2019 N.E. Alliance Championship, hosted by Fitchburg State on Saturday.
• The Anchormen finished eighth (13 teams) with a team score of 44.0 in the Alliance, which is comprised of Little East Conference and MASCAC institutions. RIC finished sixth (eight teams) in the Little East with a team score of 52.0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Spruill was the N.E. Alliance and Little East Champion in both the hammer and discus. He also placed 19th in the shot (10.92m).
• Junior Jephte Wagnac (Providence, R.I.) was the N.E. Alliance and Little East Champion in the 400m hurdles (55.35).
• Freshman Matthew Thibaudeau (Lincoln, RI) earned All-N.E. Alliance honors with a third place finish in the hammer (49.19m).
• Senior Jake Brierly (Lincoln, RI) earned N.E. Alliance honors with a fourth place finish in the hammer (49.08m).
• Sophomore Michael Rossi (Cumberland, RI) placed 25th in the preliminaries of the 100m (12.32) and was 17th in the 200m (24.46).
• Junior Joseph Palazzo (North Providence, RI) recorded an eighth place finish in the hammer (45.25m), while senior Adam Stomberg (West Greenwich, RI) was 19th the hammer (37.70m) in for the Anchormen.
• Sophomore Cam Menefee (Bridgeport, CT) notched an 12th place finish in the 400m (52.25), while freshman Axel Bandoma (North Providence, RI) was 21st (55.22) in the same event.
• Sophomore Dylan Brobisky (West Warwick, RI) notched a 24th place finish in the 800m (2:22.99).
• Sophomore Raffaelo Manzo (Slatersville, RI) recorded a seventh place finish in the 1,500m (4:16.68).
• Sophomore Alejandro Alonzo (Pawtucket, RI) took 17th in the 110m hurdles (19.27) and was 21st in the 400m hurdles (1:03.23).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the N.E. Div. III Championship, hosted by Williams on Friday and Saturday, May 3-4.