Smithfield, R.I.--Senior Shamar Spruill (Providence, RI) finished second in the hammer as the Rhode Island College men's outdoor track & field team finished 10th at Bryant's Black and Gold Invitational on Saturday afternoon.
• The Anchormen totaled 22.0 team points to finish 10th in the 13-team field. The University of Rhode Island won the meet with a 170.0 team score.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Spruill finished second in the hammer (54.64m) and 11th in the discus (41.20m).
• Freshman Matt Thibaudeau (Lincoln, RI) and senior Jake Brierly (Lincoln, RI) finished fifth (49.26m) and sixth (47.61m), respectively, in the hammer. Junior Joseph Palazzo (North Providence, RI) finished eighth in the hammer (44.83m).
• Sophomore Cam Menefee (Bridgeport, CT) finished 18th in the 400m (52.94) and 23rd in the 200m (23.85).
• Freshman Axel Bandoma (North Providence, RI) finished 23rd in the 400 (54.69). Sophomore Raffaelo Manzo (Slatersville, RI) finished 36th in the 1,500m (4:22.81).
• Freshman Alejandro Alonzo (Pawtucket, RI) finished 22nd in the 400m hurdles (1:05.36) and 27th in the 110m hurdles (20.21).
• Sophomore Mike Rossi (Cumberland, RI) finished 22nd in the 100m (12.02) and 37th in the 200m (24.95).
• Senior Adam Stomberg (West Greenwich, RI) finished 29th in the javelin (35.09m), while freshman Eddie Marquez (Danbury, CT) finished 30th (34.50) in the same event.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the Fitchburg State Invitational on Saturday, April 6 (10 a.m.).