Plymouth, N.H.--Senior Shamar Spruill (Providence, RI) was the N.E. Alliance Champion in the weight throw (17.43m) as the Rhode Island College men's track & field team finished seventh (eight teams) in the Little East at the 2019 N.E. Alliance Championship, hosted by Plymouth State on Saturday.
• Rhode Island College placed seventh (eight teams) with a team score of 16.0. The University of Southern Maine won the title with 231.0 points. The Alliance Championship had teams from both the Little East and the MASCAC participating at the meet.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Spruill was the Alliance and Little East Champion in the weight throw. He also had an 11th place finish in the shot (12.64m).
• Freshman Matthew Thibaudeau (Lincoln, RI) earned N.E. Alliance honors with a sixth place finish in the weight throw (14.40m).
• Freshman Edward Garafolo (Newport, RI) was 21st overall in the long jump (5.60m). He also placed 10th in the triple jump (12.71m).
• The 4x200m relay team comprised of freshman Axel-demaude Bandoma (North Providence, RI), sophomore Mike Rossi (Cumberland, RI), Garafolo and sophomore Stanley Guillaume (Boston, MA) posted an 11th place finish (1:40.75).
• Sophomore Andre Solomon-Messier (North Providence, RI), junior Mohammed Chaghlil (Warwick, RI), freshman Matthew Russom (Fort Kent, NY), sophomore Dylan Brobisky (West Warwick, RI) notched an 11th place finish in the 4x800m relay (9:19.48).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the N.E. Div. III Championship, hosted by MIT on Friday and Saturday, Feb. 22-23.