Northampton, Mass.—Senior Shamar Spruill (Providence, RI) finished second in the weight throw (16.88m) as the Rhode Island College men's track & field team placed 10th (13 teams) at the Smith Invitational on Saturday afternoon.
• Rhode Island College finished 10th with 13.0 points. Trinity won the invitational with a team score of 99.0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Freshman Matthew Thibaudeau (Lincoln, RI) finished fifth in the weight throw (14.75m).
• Junior Jephte Wagnac (Providence, RI) placed eighth in the 800m (2:04.24).
• Junior Joe Palazzo (North Providence, RI) finished 13th in the weight throw (13.32m).
• Senior Adam Stomberg (West Greenwich, RI) placed 25th in the weight throw (11.41m).
• Freshman Matt Russom (Fort Kent, NY) placed 12th in the 5,000k (17:50.74).
• Sophomore Mike Rossi (Lincoln, RI) finished 29th in the 400m (1:00.38).
• Sophomore Andre Solomon-Messier (North Providence, RI) finished 17th in the 800m (2:12.66).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the Boston University Invitational on Friday and Saturday, Jan. 25-26.