Brunswick, Maine-Freshman Anthony Shepard (Wakefield, RI) took home first place and established a new program record in the long jump (6.86m) and also finished third in the triple jump (12.97m) to lead the Rhode Island College men's indoor track & field team to a fourth place finish at the Bowdoin Invitational on Saturday.
• The Anchormen finished in fourth place (seven teams) with 44 points, while host Bowdoin took home first place with 213 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC senior Jake Brierly (Lincoln, RI) registered a third place finish in the weight throw (14.70m).
• Senior Matthew Charles (North Providence, RI) recorded a second place finish in the 200m (23.20) and ran the third leg of the seventh place 4x400m relay (3:46.45).
• Junior Destin Bibemi (Providence, RI) posted a second place finish in the 400m (53.9) and had the lead leg of the seventh place 4x400m relay (3:46.45).
• Senior Vincent Santos (Narragansett, RI) notched a fifth place finish in the 60m hurdles (8.75) and placed eighth in the 200m (24.15).
• Freshman Raffaelo Manzo (Slatersville, RI) was 13th in the mile (5:08.41) had the anchor leg of the seventh place 4x400m relay (3:46.45).
• RIC junior Newell Roberts (Providence, RI) posted a fourth place finish in the pole vault (3.95m).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the Springfield Invitational on Saturday, Jan. 20 (10 a.m.).