Providence, R.I.--Senior Jake Brierly (Lincoln, RI) captured first place in the weight throw (15.28m) to lead the Rhode Island College men's indoor track & field team at the RIC Holiday Classic held at the Providence Career & Technical Academy on Saturday.
• The meet featured 16 of the top NCAA Division II and III teams from throughout New England.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior Matthew Charles (North Providence, RI) recorded a third place finish (23.34) in the 200m and was the top finisher for the Anchormen in the 60m dash with an eighth place (7.40) finish. He also ran the opening leg of the 4x200m relay (1:33.09) that notched a second place finish and ran the anchor leg of the second place 4x400m relay (3:35.23).
• Senior Vincent Santos (Narragansett, RI) placed second (8.72) in the 60m hurdles and had the anchor leg of the second place 4x200m relay (1:33.09).
• Sophomore Jephte Wagnac (Providence, RI) was fifth in the 600m (1:25.04), ran the third leg of the second place 4x200m relay (1:33.08) and had the second leg of second place 4x400m relay (3:35.23).
• Sophomore Ray Aruwajoye (Pawtucket, RI) registered a 17th place finish (57.20) in the 400m.
• Junior Destin Bibemi (Providence, RI) notched an 11th place finish in the 200m (23.90), ran the second leg of the ninth place 4x200m relay (1:33.09) and had the lead leg of second place 4x400m relay (3:35.23).
• Junior Jeff Garson (Cumberland, RI) placed 19th in the 3,000m (10:30.86) for the Anchormen.
• Freshman Raffaelo Manzo (North Smithfield, RI) ran the third leg of the second place 4x400m relay (3:35.23), while sophomore Joe Palazzo (Providence, RI) finished seventh in the weight throw (12.27m).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to the Bowdoin Invitational Saturday, Jan. 13 (12:30 p.m.).