Mansfield, Conn.--The Rhode Island College men's soccer team wrapped up the 2018 campaign with a 2-0 loss at Eastern Connecticut in a Little East Conference contest played at the Mansfield Soccer Complex on Friday evening.
Eastern Connecticut 2, Rhode Island College 0
Rhode Island College (4-10-2, 1-6-1 LEC)
Eastern Connecticut (15-3-0, 7-1-0 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Eastern Connecticut got on the board just 8:05 into the game when junior defender Nick Starkowski (Marlborough, CT) scored after a feed from junior midfielder Justin Jensen (Wethersfield, CT) to put the Warriors up 1-0.
• Freshman forward Patrick Agyemang (East Hartford, CT) staked ECSU to the 2-0 advantage in the 16th minute, scoring his ninth goal of the season with assists by freshman midfielder Will Toomy (Willington, CT) and junior forward Griffin Luczek (Lee, NH).
• Eastern Connecticut took the two-goal lead heading into halftime despite RIC holding an 8-6 advantage in shots for the stanza.
• The Warriors picked up their offensive game in the second half and outshot the Anchormen by a 10-2 margin to secure the shutout win.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Sophomore goalkeeper Charlie Tashjian (West Warwick, RI) notched six saves in the loss (4-10-2) for the Anchormen.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Kyle Boutot (Tolland, CT) tallied two stops in the win (4-0) for Eastern Connecticut.
• Eastern Connecticut held a 16-10 advantage in shots for the game, while RIC had an 8-5 advantage in corner kick for the contest