New London, Conn.--Freshman forward Jonathan Oliveira (Providence, RI) had a pair of shots for the Rhode Island College men's soccer team as they dropped a 2-0 decision at Connecticut College on Tuesday evening.
Connecticut College 2, Rhode Island College 0
Rhode Island College (3-8-2)
Connecticut College (11-0-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The two teams battled throughout the first half and headed into halftime deadlocked in a scoreless tie, despite Connecticut College holding a 7-2 advantage in shots for the stanza.
• The Camels got on the board in the 67th minute when senior forward Uzii Dieng (Brooklyn, NY) put in his own rebounded shot for the 1-0 advantage.
• Connecticut College added an insurance goal at the 71:46 mark when junior defender Freddy Stokes (Westhampton, MA) sent a crossing pass to freshman forward MT Tshuma (Magwewe, Zimbabwe), who put in a shot from nine yards out to make the score 2-0.
• The Anchormen had a pair of chances down the stretch, but couldn't convert as Conn. College held on for the shutout.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Sophomore goalkeeper Charlie Tashjian (West Warwick, RI) made five saves in the setback for the Anchormen.
• Sophomore goalkeeper AJ Marcucci (West Chester, PA) recorded two stops in the victory for Connecticut College.
• Conn. College had a 17-4 advantage in shots for the contest and also a 7-1 advantage in corner kicks.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will resume Little East action vs. UMass Boston at Alumni Field on Saturday, Oct. 20 (1 p.m.).