Dartmouth, Mass.--Sophomore goalkeeper Charlie Tashjian (West Warwick, RI) made eight stops as the Rhode Island College men's soccer team battled UMass Dartmouth to a scoreless draw in a Little East Conference contest on Wednesday evening.
Rhode Island College 0, UMass Dartmouth 0
Rhode Island College (3-6-2, 1-4-1 LEC)
UMass Dartmouth (1-9-2, 1-3-2 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Both teams had solid scoring chances in the first half, but neither team could find the back of the net as the first half ended without a goal and UMass Dartmouth holding a 7-4 advantage in shots for the stanza.
• UMass Dartmouth controlled the action offensively in the second half, outshooting RIC by a 13-5 margin. Tashjian was equal to the task as he made six second half saves to preserve the scoreless tie.
• With 3:09 left in regulation, UMD's Cressy Field experienced electrical issues and the game was delayed due to a lighting problem.
• The electrical issue couldn't be resolved, however, as the game was declared official and ended in a draw.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Tashjian made eight saves in the tie for the Anchormen.
• Freshman goalkeeper Jacob Castro (Swansea, MA) posted five stops in the tie for UMass Dartmouth.
• UMD held a 20-9 advantage in shots for the contest and also posted a 6-3 advantage in corner kicks.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to Wheaton for a non-conference contest on Sunday, October 14 (3 p.m.).