Sutton, Mass.--Junior Tyler Boisclair (West Warwick, RI) earned All-Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) honors as he notched a tie for fifth place with a two-round score of 157 (78, 79) to lead the Rhode Island College men's golf team to a seventh place finish (nine teams) with a team score of 670 (335, 335) at the 2018 GNAC Championship held at Blackstone Country Club on Saturday and Sunday.
• The Anchormen carded a 670 (335, 335), which was good for a seventh place finish (nine teams). Johnson & Wales captured the team championship with a 619 (308. 311).
• The par-72 Blackstone Country Club measures 6,602 yards.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC senior Mike Caparco (Johnston, RI) carded 162 (85, 77) and finished tied for 12th place.
• Junior Matthew Butler (Johnston, RI) finished in a tie for 33rd place with a 178 (86, 92).
• Senior Victor Dumont (Riverside, RI) shot a 189 (102, 87) over the weekend, which was good for 37th place.
• There were a total of 45 golfers at the event.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to Brewster, Mass. and the Captain's Course for the 2018 New England Intercollegiate Golf Association (NEIGA) Championship on Sunday-Monday, Oct. 21-22.