Sutton, Mass.--Junior Tyler Boisclair (West Warwick, RI) carded a 78 and is currently tied for fifth place to lead the Rhode Island College men's golf team to a seventh place finish (nine teams) after day one of the 2018 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Championship played at Blackstone Country Club on Saturday.
• The Anchormen carded a 335, which was good for a seventh place finish (nine teams), while Johnson & Wales is currently in first place with a 308.
• The par-72 Blackstone Country Club measures 6,602 yards.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC senior Mike Caparco (Johnston, RI) shot an 85 and is currently tied for 27th place.
• Senior Victor Dumont (Riverside, RI) carded a 102, which was good for 42nd place on the day.
• There are a total of 45 golfers at the event.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will play in the second and final round of the GNAC Championship at the Blackstone Country Club on Sunday, Oct. 14 (8:30 a.m.).