Keene, N.H.-Rhode Island College junior forward Justin Campbell (New Haven, CT) and senior guard Roosevelt Shider (Meriden, CT) registered 11 and 10 points, respectively, as the Anchormen lost, 77-49, at Keene State in Little East Conference men's basketball action played at Spaulding Gymnasium on Saturday afternoon.
Keene State (15-6, 9-1 LEC)
Rhode Island College (4-16, 2-8 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior guard Malcolm Smith (Old Orchard Beach, ME) pulled down a team-high 10 rebounds.
• Sophomore guard CJ Donaldson (Bridgeport, CT) scored seven points, dished out three assists and swiped two steals.
• Keene State's Ty Nichols scored a game-high 23 points to go along with seven boards, five assists and a steal.
• KSC's DIzel Wright and DeVon Beasley each had 10 points.
• The hosts opened the game on a 12-4 run, capped by a pair of Nichols free throws, four minutes into the first half. A Sidi Diallo longball staked KSC to a 23-8 advantage with 11 minutes left to play in the opening stanza. RIC got within seven, 27-20, after a Donaldson layup with just over four minutes left. The hosts closed out the first half to lead by 14, 35-21.
• Keene put the game away with a 23-5 run over the first eight minutes of the second half to lead by 33, 58-25, and never saw its advantage dip below 24 points the rest of the way.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC shot 27.1 percent from the field (16-for-59), 23.5 percent (4-for-17) from beyond the three-point arc and 56.5 percent (13-for-23) from the free throw line.
• KSC shot 52.7 percent (29-for-55) from the field, 22.2 percent (4-for-18) from downtown and 71.4 percent (15-for-21) from the charity stripe.
• The Anchormen held a slight edge in rebounding, 41-37.
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will host Elms on Monday, Feb. 5 (7 p.m.).
MEN'S BASKETBALL DROPS, 77-49, DECISION AT KEENE STATE
Rhode Island Col.
|Rhode Island Col. (4-16, 2-8 LEC)||21||28||49|
|Keene St. (15-6, 9-1 LEC)||35||42||77|
Feb 03, 2018