Cambridge, Mass.-Senior guard Roosevelt Shider (Meriden, CT) posted 13 points in the Rhode Island College men's basketball team's, 76-63, loss at MIT in a non-conference contest on Thursday evening.
MIT 76, Rhode Island College 63
(Rhode Island College 2-8)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC sophomore guard Chris Farrington (Fall River, MA) tallied 10 points, added two rebounds and two assists.
• Sophomore guard Mike Valelli (Cranston, RI) chipped in with 10 points and five rebounds, while junior center Grant Gillis (Jamestown, RI) pulled down a team-best nine rebounds to go along with six points and three blocks in the loss.
• Junior guard Cameron Korb (Los Gatos, CA) paced MIT with a game-high 32 points.
• Junior guard Bradley Jomard (Paris, France) added 15 points, seven boards and five assists in the win for the Engineers.
• RIC trailed just, 13-11, midway through the first half before MIT used a 14-7 run, capped by a three-pointer from Korb, to take a 27-18 lead with just under five minutes left in the stanza.
• The host Engineers took the, 32-26, lead heading into the locker room at halftime.
• MIT grabbed its first double-digit lead of the contest, 44-34, on a layup from Jomard with 16:41 left in the contest.
• RIC trimmed the lead to just six points when a layup from Gillis made the score, 56-49, with 7:37 remaining.
• That would be as close as the Anchormen would get, however, as MIT pulled away down the stretch to take the 76-63 victory.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC shot 41.5 percent (22-of-53) from the field, 38.9 percent (7-of-18) from the three-point line and 75.0 percent (12-of-16) from the free throw line.
• MIT shot 49.1 percent (27-of-55) from the field, 43.5 percent (10-of-23) from the three-point line and 70.6 percent (12-of-17) from the free throw line.
• MIT outrebounded RIC by a slight, 34-33, margin.
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will resume Little East Conference play at UMass Boston on Saturday, Dec. 9 (3 p.m.).