Providence, R.I.--Rhode Island College junior Miranda Murphy (Lansdale, PA)earned All-Region honors with a fifth place finish (37.000) in the all-around to lead Anchorwomen to a sixth place finish at the 2018 National Collegiate Gymnastics Association (NCGA) East Region Championship held at the Murray Center on Saturday.
RIC finished in sixth place (six teams) with a season-high score of 182.400, while Ithaca captured the team championship with a 191.475.
Rhode Island College 182.400
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC freshman Kaela Skerl (Albuquerque, NM) was named the NCGA East Region Co-Rookie of the Year. It marks the third straight season that the Anchorwomen have had an NCGA East Region Rookie of the Year. Skerl finished seventh in the all-around (35.775), 31st on vault (9.275), 33rd on bars (8.550), 27th on beam (9.000 and 35th on floor (8.950).
• Murphy placed 32nd on vault (9.250), 23rd on bars (9.100), 24th on beam (9.300) and 30th on floor (9.350).
• Senior Erin Shea (Braintree, MA) was the top finisher for the Anchorwomen on vault with a 23rd place finish (9.500). She also registered a 24th place finish on floor (9.450).
• Senior Alexandria Otis (Windham, NH) notched a 15th place finish on beam (9.500) for the Anchorwomen.
• Sophomore Grace Davis (Royersford, PA) recorded a 14th place finish on beam (9.525) and also registered a 30th place finish on floor (9.350).