Cortland, N.Y.-Junior Miranda Murphy (Lansdale, PA) finished first in the all-around (36.775), while freshman Kaela Skerl (Albuquerque, NM) took second place in the all-around (34.050), as the Rhode Island College women's gymnastics team dropped a 185.850-179.300 decision at Cortland on Sunday afternoon. The team score of 179.300 is the highest score this season for the Anchorwomen.
Cortland (1-4) 185.850, Rhode Island College (0-7) 179.300
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Murphy finished fifth on vault (9.200), tied for first on bars (9.025), was seventh on beam (9.250) and ninth on floor (9.300).
• Skerl placed 12th vault (8.250), 10th on bars (8.450), 11th on beam (8.400) and 10th on floor (8.950) for the Anchorwomen.
• Senior Erin Shea (Braintree, MA) finished second on vault (9.300) and was eighth on floor (9.350).
• Sophomore Grace Davis (Royersford, PA) finished fourth on beam (9.425) and was tied for sixth on floor (9.400) for the Anchorwomen.
• Freshman Christa Vaccaro (Winthrop, MA) placed seventh on vault (9.150 and was tied for seventh on bars (8.600).
• Senior Alexandria Otis (Windham, NH) was tied for seventh on beam (9.250) and was tied for sixth on floor (9.400).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will continue National Collegiate Gymnastics Association (NCGA) East action at Brockport on Saturday, Feb. 17.