Providence, R.I.-Junior Kyndel Yett (Carrollton, GA) recorded a pair of top five finishes as the Rhode Island College women's gymnastics team fell to Springfield, 186.200-177.625, at The Murray Center on Sunday afternoon.
Springfield 186.200, Rhode Island College 177.625
(Rhode Island College 0-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Roig, seeing action in her first varsity event for the Anchorwomen, competed on the beam (8.350).
• Shea notched an eighth place finish on vault (9.275) and was in sixth on floor (9.275).
• Yett recorded a fifth place finish on both vault (9.400) and floor (9.300). She also finished in 10th place on bars (8.300).
• RIC junior Miranda Murphy (Lansdale, PA) set a career-best in the all-around, placing third (36.375). She finished second on beam (9.275), sixth on bars (8.900) and ninth on both vault (9.125) and floor (9.075).
• Freshman Ali Peterman (Seneca Falls, NY) took home fifth place on beam (8.925) for the Anchorwomen.
• Freshman Ali Rushlow (Worcester, MA) captured the all-around for Springfield with a 37.750. She finished second on vault (9.600), third on bars (9.075), first on beam (9.500) and was tied for first on floor (9.575).
• Junior Jess Clemens (South Setauket, NY) took second in the all-around (37.475) for the Pride. She finished in first on the bars (9.550), tied for fifth on vault (9.400), fourth on beam (9.025) and was third on floor (9.500).
• Springfield sophomore Taylor Jackson (Ocean, NJ) took first on vault (9.600), while senior Madi Bowen (Sunderland, MA) finished in first place on floor (9.575) for the Pride.
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at Div. II West Chester on Saturday, Jan. 27 (1 p.m.).